LLB Mobile Banking FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Mobile Banking Introduction
1. How much does it cost to use LLB Mobile Banking?
Registration, download (from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store) and use of the app is free of charge. Please note: The mobile service provider may charge you for download and use of the app. LLB is not responsible for such charges.
User management – Registration
1. How do I sign up for LLB Mobile Banking?
To use LLB Mobile Banking you need access to LLB Online Banking. To activate LLB Mobile Banking you must register with LLB Online Banking via the menu item «Service» under «My Apps». This means that no separate contract is required for LLB Mobile Banking. If you want to conclude a contract for LLB Online Banking, please contact your personal client advisor.
2. What are the operating systems I can use for LLB Mobile Banking?
The following requirements must be fulfilled to use LLB Mobile Banking:
- Apple iOS 13 operating system or a more recent version
- Android Version 8 operating system or more recent version.
3. Can I install the app on my smartphone and tablet?
Yes. Every device must be registered separately in LLB Online Banking via the menu item «Service» under «My Apps».
User management – Login
1. How do I log in to LLB Mobile Banking?
The password for LLB Mobile Banking is identical to the password for your access to LLB Online Banking. Instead of the password you can activate login using fingerprint or Face ID.
2. Can I register several users in the same app?
Yes. Each user must be registered in LLB Online Banking separately.
3. After I have entered a wrong password several times my user ID for LLB Mobile Banking is blocked? What should I do?
Please contact your personal client advisor. When logging in to LLB Mobile Banking or LLB Online Banking the next time you will be asked to change the password you received to a personal password again.
4. How do I change the password in LLB Mobile Banking?
The password can be changed in the LLB Mobile Banking app under «Settings» > «Change Password».
User management – Push notifications
1. How do I activate or deactivate push notifications?
Push notifications are always activated or deactivated at two levels:
a) In the LLB Mobile Banking app:
Log in to the LLB Mobile Banking app and tap your username in the menu. Then tap «Settings» and activate / deactivate receipt of push notifications.
b) On your device:
- «Notifications» > «Notifications»
- «LLB Banking»
The feature can be activated / deactivated by moving the «Allow notifications» slider.
- «App Manager»
- «Show Notifications»
User management – Touch ID / Face ID / Fingerprint login
1. Can I make payments using Touch ID / Face ID / Fingerprint?
Yes. By using Touch ID / Face ID / Fingerprint you can make your payments quickly and conveniently.
2. The device does not recognise my Touch ID / Face ID / Fingerprint. Can I still access the LLB Mobile Banking app?
Yes. You can log in to the app using your password at any time.
3. Can I use Touch ID / Fingerprint to log in to LLB Mobile Banking if the fingerprints of other persons are stored on the device?
Yes. However, please note that every user who has stored a fingerprint on your device will have access to your LLB Mobile Banking.
4. How do I activate or deactivate Touch ID / Face ID / Fingerprint in the app?
Log in to the LLB Mobile Banking app and tap your username in the menu. Then tap «Settings» and activate / deactivate Touch ID / Face ID / Fingerprint. This can only be done if your mobile device supports the Touch ID / Face ID / Fingerprint feature.
5. Does the app or the Bank store my Touch ID / Face ID / Fingerprint?
Touch ID / Face ID / Fingerprints cannot be verified by the Bank and will be stored on your mobile device only.
1. Is my account data and portfolio data up to date?
The account statement shows the status of your account at the time of your retrieval. The portfolio is updated in real
time. Valuation is done at the closing price on the last trading day. However, the information is non-binding. You will find definitive and binding information in the account and portfolio statements we send you by post or via LLB Mobile Banking if you have requested electronic client documents.
1. Can I see payments made via LLB Mobile Banking in LLB Online Banking?
Yes, all payments stored in LLB Mobile Banking may be retrieved, edited or deleted in LLB Online Banking as well.
2. Can I cancel payments I have already approved in LLB Mobile Banking?
Yes, unless the status of the payment is «Transmitted». Payments which have not been transmitted to the Bank yet may be edited or cancelled up to one day before the execution date.
3. By what time do I have to approve payments for them to be processed on the same day?
All payments approved before 4.30 p.m. will be processed on the same day, unless the Bank rejects them.
1. Which types of securities can I trade using LLB Mobile Banking?
Trading in standardised options and futures is not possible via LLB Mobile Banking.
2. What do the various execution types for exchange orders mean?
- Buy / sell: Market order
With a market order, your securities will be bought or sold at the best possible price irrespective of how high or low the price of the securities is.
- Buy: Limit order
With a limit order, a price will be set for the purchase of the securities. The buy order will be triggered only if the price reaches or is below the limit. The specified limit is the maximum you will pay.
- Buy: Stop-buy order
You buy the security only if it reaches or exceeds the stop price. If the security reaches the stop price, your buy order will become a market order.
- Buy: Stop-buy-limit order
This offers additional upward security for the stop price you specify. The buy order will only be executed between the stop price and the upper limit. The specified upper limit is the maximum you will pay.
- Sell: Limit order
In the case of a limit order, a price will be set for the sale of securities. A security will be sold only if it reaches or exceeds the limit. You will receive at least the specified limit price.
- Sell: Stop-loss order
You will sell the security only if it reaches or is below the stop price. If the security reaches the stop price, your sell order will become a market order.
- Sell: Stop-loss-limit order
This offers additional downward security for the stop price you specify. The sell order will be executed between the stop price and the lower limit. You will receive at least the specified lower limit price.
3. On which stock exchanges can I trade?
LLB Mobile Banking shows you the possible stock exchanges for each security. The primary trading venue is listed by default. You can change it manually.
4. At what hours can I trade?
You can use LLB Mobile Banking 24/7. However, exchange orders are not processed 24/7. Please consider the exchange trading days, the trading hours on the exchanges in question and the opening hours of this Bank. The exchange orders placed via LLB Mobile Banking will be processed on banking days from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Exchange orders received after 10 p.m. will be forwarded to the relevant markets on the next banking day.
5. Can I change an exchange order that I have already placed?
No, once an exchange order has been placed, it can no longer be changed. Please cancel your order and enter a new exchange order. Exchange orders may be cancelled via «Trade» > «My exchange orders». Please note that exchange orders that have been executed can no longer be cancelled.
1. Can I try out LLB Mobile Banking in a demo version?
The LLB Mobile Banking app provides a demo version which works without registration. You can download the ordinary LLB Mobile Banking app from the iTunes Apple Store or Google Play Store and start the demo version in the quick link menu in the bottom right corner.
1. Is my access data stored by Apple or Google?
No. Your access data is encrypted and stored only by LLB. If you have activated Touch ID / Face ID / Fingerprint in the app, that data will be stored on your mobile device by Apple or Google.
2. Are my banking details protected when I log in to LLB Mobile Banking via my smartphone or tablet?
Yes. LLB uses a secure authentication procedure in the form of mobile certificates. Those certificates may be used only with LLB Mobile Banking. The mobile certificate may be requested exclusively via authentication in LLB Online Banking and is linked to the registered mobile device.
In addition, measures have been implemented to prevent so-called malware from attacking the app. The app would notice such an attack and prevent further use of the app on the relevant device.
Moreover, thanks to an encryption system unauthorised persons can neither retrieve or intercept data nor render the same readable.
Please note: The App Store provider may conclude from the app download that a business relationship exists or has existed.
3. I have lost my smartphone or tablet. How do I block access to LLB Mobile Banking?
In LLB Online Banking you can delete the registered device in the menu item «Service» under «My Apps» at any time. A device can also be blocked or deleted by our Advisory Centre.
4. I have forgotten my password – what can I do?
Please contact your personal client advisor. We will be happy to send you a new password.
Contact and further questions
The LLB Mobile Banking FAQ are constantly updated. Do you have any questions that have not been answered here? Contact us by telephone or send us an email.
If you have any questions about LLB Mobile Banking, your client advisor will be happy to help you.
Liechtensteinische Landesbank (Österreich) AG
Phone: +43 1 536 16-0
Fax: +43 1 536 16-900